To resolve the error:
- Check that your printer has power, and the On/Off indicator on the printer control panel illuminates steady green.
- If the power is not on:
- Make sure the power adapter is plugged in to the power outlet and is connected to the back of your printer.
- Press the On/Off button until the indicator illuminates green.
- Clear any errors and remove obstructions.
- Check the LCD on your printer control panel or the status monitor on your computer for an error message. If there is an error message, follow the instructions to clear it.
- If there is no error message, and if the problem continues:
- Open the printer access door.
- Disconnect the power adapter from the back of the printer.
CAUTION: Do not pull on the printhead carriage or use force to move it.
- Remove any obstructions that may prevent the printhead carriage and ink cartridges from moving to the center position.
- Close the printer access door.
- Connect the power adapter to the printer.
If the error continues, power cycle the printer:
- Disconnect the power adapter from the printer.
- Wait 5 seconds to allow the printer to reset.
- Connect the power adapter to the printer. Turn the printer on if necessary.